Tuesday, March 24, 2015

INSURGENT MOVIE REVIEW/DISCUSSION



I already read Insurgent years ago (I can't remember exactly when) But I remember loving it. Heard mixed reviews for the trailer at first, and then the movie too.

                               MY REVIEW:

I watched the Insurgent Movie the first day it came out here in the Philippines last March 18, 2015. The movie was okay, not that good though as the movie adaptation of Divergent. I know now why most of the people who watched it don't like it very much and others hate it. The movie is very different from the book, not that it is only squeezed into a 2 hour film, but because they changed many things that somehow also changes the plot line. It focuses on the box thing that can be opened by the divergents which is clearly not in the book.

Let's talk about the actors. Shailene Woodley (as Tris Prior) and Theo James (as Tobias Eaton) portrayed their characters very well, also Miles Teller (as Peter), Ansel Elgort (as Caleb Prior) and the others. The good thing is we had Uriah now on Insurgent that the divergent fans awaited because his character did not show up on the first movie. I got disappointed to see that Marlene  don't have much impact on the movie because she only have few scenes and then she dies. When I read the book, I thought that Marlene will have a big role in this movie but she's not*sighs*.

I still have my favorite scenes though. One is the part when Shailene (Tris) took the truth serum and told her secrets to the people at Candor and the other one is when they finally opened the box and saw the message from a woman in a hologram which is Edith Prior in the book. They should have added the line of Edith revealing her name because it would be more interesting to the viewers.


As a reader of books and I have read the book of Insurgent by Veronica Roth, I kinda felt disappointed and not contented of the book-to-movie adaption of Insurgent but at the same time, I'm not hating it too. I think for the other people who don't read the book they should feel amazed and contented at some point because they don't really know what happened in Insurgent.

Now, we have to wait another year for the third book, Allegiant, to become a movie and the news said it will split into two parts. Hope it will be greater than Insurgent hopefully.... 


RATINGS: 3.5/5 STARS




WATCH THE TRAILER:






5 comments:

  1. I did not like the actress who played Tobias's mother but overall I like "Insurgent" movie. :)

    http://my-adventures-in-bookland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the movie as it is, but compared to the book I wasn't really satisfied. Still a great movie, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Julie :). For those who haven't read this book they thought this was so awesome but for us who read the book, we are not satisfied at all.

      Delete
  3. You forgot to mention the role of Cara. She had done a big role in Allegiant (Helping Tris Stuff) but she didn't appear in Insurgent. I hope you also noticed that. :-)

    ReplyDelete