Friday, March 20, 2015

[BOOK REVIEW] Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14290364-champion?from_search=true

SYNOPSIS:

He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?
 

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position. 

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything. 

With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.



Publication Date: November 5th 2013

Date Read: February 18, 2015

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Pages: 369


MY REVIEW


So first things first. This book was absolutely epic and heartbreaking at the same time. Champion would be my favorite book in the legend trilogy. I can't handle the feels.

I can say that this is a perfect way to end a dystopian trilogy even though it's bittersweet but atleast the main characters alive ;) 

This book was so intriguing that it makes me entertain at some point. The plague, the patriots
, the Antarticans.... Man! the Antarticans system is really cool, you will get yourself points when you do something great.

I really love how the characters, especially June and Day, improves till the last book. They have strong and badass characteristics and it grows even more, I like that. On the other hand, my favorite scene would be the last part when June started praying for Day's life, even when there will be consequences that will happen, June's okay with that. She just want to let Day lives.

I actually got a little bit spoiled on Champion, I thought someone will die but I'm wrong. Thanks to God. I was so happy that no main character dies in this book. But still, my heart couldn't handle the feels when June knew that her prayer was answered and she also must sacrifice something... Day had complications on his brain, he still remember his family and Eden but not June. It is so sad :(

The last sentence of this book which June and Day told their names with each other once again, and know that that was the last words from Champion, broke my heart.

Oh Marie Lu, thank you for writing an amazing trilogy. Legend trilogy is now one of my favorite books of all time! I will never forget June and Day. I will miss them so much. For those young adult readers out there, if you haven't read Marie Lu's books yet what are you doing with your life?! GO AND READ THEM NOW. PLEASE. THEY'RE SO AMAZING.

RATING: 5/5 stars 




2 comments:

  1. Love this review! I can't even wait to read and review this book as well! Marie Lu's Legend series and The Young Elites series. Also really love the covers for these books.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex!!!! :) Get ready for the ending....

      Delete