Wednesday, April 29, 2015

[BOOK REVIEW] The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin



13547135
Synopsis from Goodreads:





Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
She’s wrong.






Genre : Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

Publication Date : October 23rd 2012

Date Read : April 29th 2015

Publisher : Simon & Schuster 

Format : Paperback

Pages : 456



My Review:


Fast - Paced. A real page - turner. Creepy



The first thing I noticed is the paced of this book. It was fast and refreshing because Michelle's writing style was great! 

This book is a perfect blend of Paranormal and Romance. The love/romance going on with Mara and Noah was incredibly fantastic while the creepiness are still present while Mara Dyer is hallucinating and stuff. When I was in the middle of the book, I thought the paranormal aspect was left out but when I reached the second half, I was wrong. The last half of this book is the most creepiest which I liked.

“Thinking something does not make it true. Wanting something does not make it real.” 


I don't have much to say about the characters but I think they are actually good especially Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw.

The plot itself is very intriguing and mysterious that's why i can't put down this book because I want to know more! Even though The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is dark and paranormal, Michelle Hodkin did not forget to put a smile on my face or laugh because of some funny things.

This is my first time reading a Paranormal Romance book, I believe, and I enjoyed it and I want to read more from this genre. Thanks to this book for not disappointing me to introduce to Paranormal with romance world!


The ending was a cliffhanger. Too bad I still don't have the book 2 because I really need to read more from Mara Dyer!

As I said, Michelle Hodkin's writing style was fantastic it made me not want to put the book down. It was fast - paced and I finished this book for only 2 days which is not fast enough compared to the other readers but for me it's good because I usually read a book for 3 days - 1 week if I'm not that busy. For those who haven't read it yet, please read it now! You don't want to miss the world of Mara Dyer ;)


Ratings: 5/5 stars



4 comments:

  1. Well the ending of book 2 will make you want to slap Michelle Hodkin. Haha. And book 2 will be more confusing. So prepare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that the book 2 will end in a cliffhanger so yeah. I am prepared!!! hehe

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you liked this book! Make sure you own book three when you start reading the second one. Trust me, you'll go crazy with that cliff hanger.

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, whenever I got a chance to buy the book 2, I will definitely buy book 3 also because of the cliffhanger that I heard on every single review haha. Thanks Sophie!

      Delete