Monday, May 11, 2015

[BOOK REVIEW] Looking for Alaska by John Green







99561


SNYOPSIS from Goodreads:

Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

After. Nothing is ever the same.






Title: Looking for Alaska

Author: John Green

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Realistic Fiction

Publication Date: December 28th 2006

Date Read: May 10, 2015

Publisher: Speak

Format: Paperback

Pages: 221



My Review


Looking for Alaska is a fun and incredible story. 

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”


I never thought at first that this book was funny. When I'm on the first part, almost all of the pages will make you smile and laugh because the characters - Miles, The Colonel, Takumi, Lara, and Alaska are very funny and it makes me want to join in their group.The second part, however, contains drama and it is the part where you get emotional and stuff. 

Miles Halter is a relatable main character for me. He's quiet, he loves reading, and hates sports. That's why I enjoy the story even more! Let's move on with Alaska Young. I feel sad for her because she's been hard on herself and Alaska's decisions were based on her roller-coaster emotions.





The story was just brilliant and inspiring because it is written by my favorite author, John Green. He is such a great writer and his works can make you laugh and be inspired at the same time. This is my 3rd John Green book that I have ever read and I'm so excited to read his other books. He never fail to impress me.

What I learned in this book is that life is not easy that's why we should not give up. Even though we have problems, if we are smart enough to overcome it, everything will be alright.

This is a perfect book for teens and for everyone who loves a funny and yet an emotional story. If you still haven't read Looking for Alaska, please read it now.


Ratings: 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment