Friday, February 13, 2015

[BOOK REVIEW] Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9275658-legend

Synopsis:

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.



Publication DateNovember 29th 2011

Date Read: December 8, 2014

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Pages: 305




My Review:


I really loved this book. I thought Marie Lu's writing style was 
fantastic. It was fast-paced and it keeps you turning pages because you want more!


June Iparis, the Republic's Prodigy and an elite student at Drake University, is a smart, brave and a skilled fighter and known for her perfect 1,500 score on her trial. Then something unexpected happens. Her brother, Metias Iparis, got killed and the main suspect is Day - a famous criminal in the republic. I knew that it was going to happen when Metias said to June this statement (I noted this), "Forever and every, kid, until you're sick and tired of seeing me". At first I'm not that affected on Metias' death but suddenly as the story unfolds, it gives me sadness a little bit.



June and Day are similar to each other than I ever think of. They are brave, intelligent, skilled fighters, loyal and they just fighting for themselves and for their rights. They are both great main characters and badass in a good way. They have strong personality on the outside but after all the problems they've gone through, June and Day still have a good heart.


For me, the dual point of view is brilliant! The story became more understandable and not boring. And the colored text of Day's pov is cool yet it helps the readers not to feel confused of what povs they are reading. My favorite scence will be the most full action-packed because that's the thing I really want. 

I heard nothing but great things about the Marie Lu's trilogy, so reading Legend give me high hopes and after all it never disappoints me. I really enjoyed this book and I thought it was well written! For those who loves dystopian and action packed book, Legend is for you!!! I recommend this book to the other Young Adult readers though.


Ratings: 5/5 Stars





6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this for so long! I have it on my shelf but school keeps me busy :(
    Great Review btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! Whenever you're not busy with school anymore read Legend as soon as possible :) The trilogy is amazing!!! And thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this book! I need to continue on with the series, though! I keep hearing such good things about the other two books.

    Awesome review and blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh read the other two books!!!! They're so good and Thank you!!! :)

      Delete
  3. This book is amazing. :)
    First, I read this book in Polish and then in English, and each time I delighted. The whole trilogy is fantastic and I read it few times. :)

    PS I love your reviews and I would happily read your blog. :)

    http://my-adventures-in-bookland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! The trilogy is fantastic indeed :) and thank you!!!!

      Delete