Thursday, May 14, 2015

[BOOK REVIEW] City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

256683

SYNOPSIS from Goodreads:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know... 

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.





Title: City of Bones

Author: Cassandra Clare

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Publication Date: March 27th 2007

Date Read: May 13, 2015

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Format: Paperback

Pages: 485




My Review




This is the first fantasy book that I have ever read I believe and it did not disappoint me to introduce to the fantasy world. Cassandra Clare's writing style was just fantastic that there is no boring parts that I encounter. It was fast-paced and I got hooked with the story just from the very beginning. The world was cool and enchanting because there are werewolves, vampires, fairies, warlocks in just one story. (AND SHADOWHUNTERS!!!)


I enjoyed this book very much. All of the chapters was exciting and interesting, a page-turner indeed and I couldn't put it down. Cassandra did not forget to add some humor in it which I liked because it makes everything lighter and not boring.


City of Bones is now one of my favorite books of all time!!! I'm looking forward to reading the other books in The Mortal Instruments series because I heard that it's keeps getting better and better. I am even more excited because ABC Family picks up the Mortal Instruments tv series. I'm so stoked!


Overall, this book was great and cool. I have nothing more to say because it is just that good. For those who haven't started the TMI series yet, please read them now!



Ratings: 5/5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment