Tuesday, May 19, 2015

[BOOK REVIEW] City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare



4062214


Synopsis from Goodreads:


Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? Clary would love to spend more time with her best friend, Simon. But the Shadowhunters won't let her go--especially her handsome, infuriating newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil--and also her father. When the second of the Mortal Instruments os stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor suspects Jace. Could Jace really be willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?




Title: City of Ashes

Author: Cassandra Clare

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Publication Date: March 24th 2009

Date Read: May 15, 2015

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Format: Paperback

Pages: 453





My Review




This book is much better than City of Bones and the pacing was good. I managed to finished this book in only two days because it is so entertaining.


I really like the characters even more in City of Ashes. Not only they've improved but also they are more funnier that makes everything lighter. Knowing that Clary and Jace are "siblings" makes me want to read more because I know it's just a lie but still, there's no revelation from this book that they are not really brother and sister. *sighs* It did not affect my rating though.


At first I thought that there's no actions/bad-ass moments going on but I'm wrong. After the middle part, I can say that it is more action-packed than the first book. The scene were they fight Valentine and the demons on the ship are the best! It is so epic and it made me hold my breath. On the same scene, the inquisitor/Imogen Herondale have something important to say to Jace but then she dies afterwards. I mean what??!! What is it about? It keeps me intrigued.


I love how every characters have pov's from themselves and not in a confusing way. It's really a great idea that Cassandra Clare made because I myself wants to know more about most of them and what they are doing. Overall, this is a great sequel to City of Bones and much better! I'm so excited to read the third book because I heard from many people that City of Glass is greatest book from the mortal instruments series.



Ratings: 5/5 Stars











2 comments:

  1. I totally have to re-read thiiiis!! It's been so long since I've read City of Ashes and now reality is dawning on me saying that I should really really really read it again. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should re-read it soon! Thank you Raffy! :)

      Delete